Costa Navarino, the prime sustainable destination in the Mediterranean, is located in an unspoiled,
breathtaking seaside landscape in the Greek region of Messinia, southwest Peloponnese
Costa Navarino philosophy is driven by a genuine desire to promote Messinia, while protecting and
preserving the region’s natural beauty, cultural heritage and 4500 years of fascinating history.
The destination comprises a number of distinct sites featuring 5 star deluxe hotels, luxury residences,
conference facilities, spa and thalassotherapy centers, signature golf courses,
as well as a wide range of unique year round activities for adults and children.
With a fascinating history that goes back 4,500 years, Messinia’s cultural
past reveals a rich tapestry of kings and queens, honor and tradition, war and friendship.
The Classical temples, Byzantine churches, medieval castles and three UNESCO World Heritage sites are
all within easy reach, both in Messinia as well as in the broad. Some of
the historical sites are:
– Vaulted Tombs
– The Palace of Nestor
– Ancient Olympia
– Temple of Apollo
– The Castle of
– Paleokastro, Pylos
– The Castle of Kalamata
– The Castle of Koroni
– The Castle of Methoni
– Neokastro, Pylos
– Church of Transfiguration
– Church of Saint Theodora
– Bay of Navarino
– Museum of Chora
– Museum of Pylos
– Benakeion Archeological
– Museum of Kalamata
– The Castle of Mystras
Apart from the historical sites, Messinia is also blessed with a wealth of
natural attractions that are within easy reach and certainly worth a visit.
Nearby islets, some with interesting historical background, offer a
pristine environment for relaxation and exploration while the mainland is
a veritable kaleidoscope of sandy beaches, deep gorges, enchanting
lakes, sparkling waterfalls, olive groves and vineyards. Some of the natural attractions are:
– Finikounda beach
– Neda river
– Polylimnio waterfalls
– Fanari and Sfaktiria islets
Located next to the Ionian Sea coastline of The Dunes Beach, The
Westin Resort Costa Navarino features 445 rooms and suites,
inspired in design by old Messinian mansions that spring from nature
and create an ambiance of genuine hospitality. Many rooms and
suites enjoy unobstructed views of the Ionian Sea, ground floor units
have an individual infinity pools, while all offer a smoke free
environment and the best sleep ever with the ultimate comfort of
the Heavenly Bed.
– 21 restaurants & bars*
– Agora the heart of the resort
– Outdoor and indoor pools, sauna, hammam
– WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio
– Sports & Recreation Center
– 4000m2 Anazoe Spa
– 2 innovative kids’ clubs: Cocoon (4 months - 3 years old) & Sandcastle (4 - 12 years old)
– Two 18 hole signature Golf Courses
– Indoor & outdoor sports areas (tennis courts, basketball and volleyball courts, indoor climbing wall)
– Shopping venues
– 5000m2 Conference Center
– Complimentary parking area
ACCOMMODATIONS NUMBER OF ROOMS: 445
– Deluxe Garden Room
– Deluxe Sea View Room
– Superior Room
– Infinity Room
– Premium Deluxe Sea View Room
– Superior Infinity Room
– Premium Infinity Room
– Family Suite
– Infinity Suite
– Premium Suite
– Premium Infinity Suite
POOLS & BEACH:
– 2 outdoor pools with sun
– loungers and umbrellas
– 1 heated indoor pool
– Aqua Park
– Kids’ pool with waterslides
– 1.5km - long sandy beach with sunbeds and umbrellas, beach restaurant, beach bar, “Surf Salad” non - motorized water sports
– Aqua Park pools and Lagoon pool are heated: April - May & October - November
STANDARD ROOM FEATURES
All room types offer the following amenities:
– Heavenly® Bed
– Ceiling Fan
– 2 direct telephone lines
– Free WiFi/WLAN Internet
– Satellite TV with movies on demand (at a fee)
– Mini bar (at a fee)
– Electronic safe
– En-suite bathroom with shower cabin and separate bathtub
– Westin amenities
– Magnifying mirror
– Hair dryer
– Tea/coffee maker
In a landscape of diverse topography with
spectacular sea and river views, Costa
Navarino offers a world class golfing
experience to golfers of all levels. Two
award winning signature golf courses, The
Dunes Course and The Bay Course, 18 hole
each, exceed expectations and set Costa
Navarino as the new luxury golf destination
THE SEASIDE DUNES COURSE FACILITIES:
18 hole, par 71 course measuring 6,018 m from the back tees and featuring four sets of tee positions.
– The Dunes Clubhouse covering 3,500m² with full service locker andguest changing facilities, as well as an extensive members' lounge with private terrace. Dining and banquet space for pre and post tournament activity. A fully equipped Pro Shop offers the latest in golf equipment and apparel from a range of international brands.
– Extensive practice facilities including a well appointed full size driving range, putting green and short game practice area. A team of golf professionals is available for private lessons and individual coaching sessions.
– Fleet of state of the art golf carts available for hire. Golfers may also experience the course on foot.
– A wide selection of the latest quality equipment is available to guests traveling without their clubs.
– Fullservice group and tournament activities, including scoring and tournament services for 10 to 140 players.
THE BAY COURSE FACILITIES
– 18 hole, par 70 course measuring 5,614m from the back tees and featuring four sets of tee positions.
– Clubhouse with full service locker and guest changing facilities. Dining and banquet space for pre and post tournament activity, as well as a fully equipped Pro Shop offering the latest in golf equipment and apparel from a range of international brands, is available at The Dunes Clubhouse.
– Fleet of state of the art golf carts with GPS available for hire. This is a buggy only course.
– A wide selection of the latest quality equipment will be available to guests travelling without their clubs.
– Full service group and tournament activities, including scoring and tournament services for 10 to 120 players.
Rejuvenate and relax at the 4000m2 award
winning Anazoe Spa, while exploring a full
range of specialty therapies and treatments,
based on the harmonious combination of
ancient wisdom and modern science, along
with indulging oleotherapy®(olive-oil)
treatments, which were uncovered at Nestor’s
Palace and date back to Homeric times.
THIS UNIQUE WELLNESS SANCTUARY FEATURES:
– 21 treatment rooms
– Indoor and outdoor treatment areas
– Thalassotherapy and floating pools
– Ice grotto rooms
– Mist showers
– Herbal saunas
– Anazoe Shop
Olive Grove Spa Against a background of unspoiled nature,
immerse yourself in a bespoke spa experience under thousand year old olive trees, to the
music of cicadas, skillful therapists practice relaxing full body massage. The olive grove
setting takes you on a meditative journey to realms of peace and serenity, while the gentle
Ionian breeze filtering through the olive groves completely revitalizes body and spirit.
Voted as the “Best Family Destination” in the
Mediterranean and ideal for family getaways
offering a plethora of children activities.
Navarino Outdoors makes full use of the
unspoiled countryside around Costa Navarino
to offer a complete suite of exciting sports
and recreational outdoor activities.
Our experienced team of professionals will be
on hand to provide any assistance needed,
whether this means offering instruction and
guidance to outdoor novices, or working
alongside experienced hikers, mountaineers
Water sports enthusiasts are offered a vast
range of water experiences and sports
activities under the warm Messinian sun.
Navarino Sea will be your perfect guide to
under water or on water sports. For one day
cruises, Navarino Sea Yachting offers guests a
memorable sailing adventure in the storied
waters off the coast of Messinia
– AQUA PARK: Fun for all ages with 3 waterslides, a play pool and various other water
toys and games. Pools are heated in spring & fall (1/4-31/5 | 1/10-30/11)
– COCOON: (4 months to 3 years old) Specially designed to cater to our youngest guests from 4 months to 3
years old, Cocoon offers a dedicated play area for you to enjoy with your baby or toddler and creates colorful
memories through painting, collage, clay sculpture, drawing, role playing and other activities. On a daily basis
toddlers get engaged in non-competitive interactive sports which emphasize confidence like football, basketball, racquet sports, and golf. *fees appl
– SANDCASTLE: (4 to 12 years old) Constructed from wood with innovative design elements, SandCastle is like a children’s summer shelter.
With spacious game areas, slides, design and drawing workshop and a theater style court yard, SandCastle promises to our younger guest to enjoy the best of their summer holidays. Children learn to communicate and share as well as to be part of a team through special activities and interactive games. *fees apply
– SPORTS & RECREATION CENTER: The meeting point for a wide range of recreational activities such as indoor basketball, volleyball, badminton and table tennis, a four lane bowling alley, pool tables, and an indoor cinema.
– BIKING: Discover our cycling tours which will be tailored to suit from novice mountain bikers to experts. Our top of the range mountain bikes available from the dedicated Bike Station will carry you along idyllic trails in style but are also well equipped to handle the most rugged terrain.
– HIKING: Our carefully designed hiking tours give you the opportunity to exercise while at the same time discover the unique history and culture of the region. And there are plenty of sites of natural and historical interest to head for, such as the sparkling waterfalls of Polylimnio and the impressive ruins of the 13th century fortress of Paleokastro.
– ROCK CLIMBING: Come with us on the island of Proti, the new climbing spot in Greece! This tour is appealing for both, newcomers and experienced climbers, families and adventurers. A large number of climbing routes and stunning views are waiting for the visitors. And after the challenging climbing there is time for a jump into the refreshing and turquoise water of the Ionian sea.
– MESSINIAN PICNIC: Hike up the hill to Profit Ilias chapel, over the famous Voidokilia beach, to savor a luxurious picnic prepared by local ladies, with Messinian recipes twisted into finger food and paired with wine, beer and fresh handmade lemonade.
– UNDER WATER: by Aqua Divers Club Discover the underwater secrets of the Ionian pirate's haven, Proti Island, with Navarino Sea by Aqua Divers Club, a PADI 5 star IDC Resort. For diving and snorkeling enthusiasts, PADI certified instructors or guides will help you explore the magic of the turquoise waters, experience Mediterranean aquatic life and enjoy the wonderful visibility of the Messinian sea. During your vacation, you can enjoy the underwater world by continuing training in scuba diving at the fully equipped dive centre. We offer all PADI courses, from Bubblemaker, Scuba Diver up to Instructor level. Also, we can provide Nitrox for all Nitrox certified divers.
– ON WATER: by Surf Salad Navarino Sea on water by Surf Salad specializes in surface water sports; try Sea Kayaking for fun rides, family day rides and surrounding beach visits, in an escorted half day or full day trip, one of the best ways to stay fit and have fun in the sea, for all ages, especially early in the morning, or just right before sunset. Enjoy some of the best Mediterranean swells during the summer and one of the best wave riding locations in Europe during wintertime.
– WATERSKI: A unique way to explore the beautiful coastline of Navarino Bay! Hone your waterskiing and wakeboarding skills or accept the challenge of one of our thrilling tube rides.
– YACHTING: Sailing boat Yachting offers a memorable sailing adventure in the storied waters off the coast of Messinia. Guests can discover the crystal clear waters and secrets of this crossroads of ancient civilizations, aboard the motor yacht Ferretti or the sailing boat Gib’Sea 43. Both luxury yachts are designed and built to the highest standards and can accommodate 10 passengers in cabins of understated luxury.
– RACQUET ACADEMY: Nine exciting racquet sports (tennis, mini tennis for kids, squash, padel, beach tennis, speedminton, table tennis, badminton and beach racquets.
– SPEED EXPERIENCE PARK: Enjoy driving in a high standard race track where experienced personnel can also provide lessons for all levels and ages. Hop on one of the brand new four stroke, 270cc automatic CRG karts and enjoy an intense ride.
– NATURA HALL: An interactive environmental exhibition centre, providing a unique insight into the rich and diverse environment of Messinia and familiarizing guests with environmental protection issues.
– INDOOR SPORTS ARENA: Kids and families are welcome to play and share quality time together at the FIBA standards indoor basketball arena also available for volleyball. Take part in exciting games and tournaments, organized by the recreation team, or simply head to the pool tables* for a fun and challenging game.
– Authentic village cooking*
– Pasteli making
– Cheese making & tasting
– Lalaggia & Lalaggides making
– Bread & lagana making
– Botanical gardens tour
– Organic vegetable garden tour
– Traditional Messinian Embroidery
– Songs Around the Table
– Olive harvesting*
– Olive oil tasting*
– Wine experience tour*
– Wine masterclass*
– Farm to table experience*
– Little archeologists*
– Little gardeners*
– Art tour
– Astronomy nights
– Philosophy walks*
– AUTHENTIC VILLAGE COOKING*: Visit our picturesque village home
and discover traditional Messinian cooking with the help of local ladies,
who will share authentic family recipes passed down from mother to
daughter. You will learn how to prepare a typical full Messinian menu,
using regional techniques and fresh ingredients, followed by a meal to
savor the food prepared.
– OLIVE HARVESTING*: Experience first - hand one of Messinia’s
most enduring agricultural and culinary traditions, as you participate in each
step of the olive’s seasonal journey from tree to table. Harvest a quantity
of olives the age - old way, visit a nearby mill where you will help make the
oil and discern the subtle flavors of the region’s renowned extra virgin
olive oil, accompanied by a traditional meal.
– WINE HARVESTING*: Wine grapes have been cultivated in Messinia
since Homeric times. Share in the local knowledge, experience a private
tour to the Navarino Vineyards, learn and participate in the grape treading
and join a wine tasting seminar led by an experienced sommelier.
– WINE MASTERCLASS*: Expand your enological knowledge at our Wine
Masterclasses. Learn about Greek and local wines from the experts and
assess the characteristics of certain Messinian Varieties. Tasting sessions
are held at Enoteca, accompanied by savory snacks.
– OLIVE OIL TASTING*: Join a tutored olive oil tasting session in which
you will learn by local experts how to discern the subtle flavors of the
region’s renowned extra virgin olive oil. Tasting sessions are held at Enoteca.
– ASTRONOMY NIGHTS: An interactive experience organized by the
Navarino Environmental Observatory and Navarino Natura Hall. As a
visitor for this observing activity, you investigate the cosmos as conceived
from a Messinian angle, in small groups under the guidance of trained
staff. This unique astronomical experience includes observation of planets,
like Saturn and its rings, features on the Moon, Jupiter and its satellites,
beautiful nebulae such as Orion, galaxies, stars and many others.
– PHILOSOPHY WALKS*: Follow in the footsteps of the ancient Greek
thinkers on a “Philosophy Walk” against the idyllic backdrop of the
Messinian countryside. Led by classical scholars, these walks offer a
unique opportunity to discuss important modern - day issues through the
prism of ancient Greek philosophical thinking and find answers to
contemporary problems by drawing on the wisdom of the past.
– ART TOUR: Art is a fundamental aspect of the Costa Navarino
experience, with original works by Greek and international artists forming
an integral part of the interior design. A 90 - minute guided tour of the art
collections gives guests the opportunity to gain an appreciation of
artworks and artifacts of the 17th - 19th centuries.
– YBOTANICAL TOUR: Enjoy a fascinating morning learning about local
herbs and their unique benefits for the human body. The tour takes place
in our botanical gardens.
► Price on Request
Messinia enjoys an excellent climate, with balmy
springs, warm summers and mild winters. Blue skies,
sunny days and pleasant temperatures(25°C / 77°F on average) make this blissful
region an ideal destination to visit for your holidays.